Biscuit cutters aren’t just for the kitchen anymore. With so many shapes and sizes available, they can be used to make a decorative border for almost any room in the house.
1. Choose the area you want to paint.
2. Select the cookie-cutter shapes you’ll use for your border design.
3. Decide whether you’ll be painting a straight or a free-form border. For a straight border, measure and mark the desired height using a tape measure or yardstick.
4. Hold the cookie cutter in the desired location on the wall.
5. Trace around it lightly with pencil.
6. Continue tracing the cookie-cutter shape around the room, forming the border design.
7. Select acrylic paint colors.
8. Pour each paint color into a small plastic container.
9. Use a flat craft paintbrush to paint inside the cookie-cutter shapes.
10. Add details or outline with a round craft brush.
Use more than one cookie-cutter shape to make a patterned border such as a moon and stars, hearts and hands, or pine trees and a moose.
Make a “flower power” border with a flower cookie cutter and fluorescent paint colors.
Use caution when working on a ladder. Make sure the ladder is stable before climbing on.
Foe more painting tips, visit http://www.arc-rite.co.uk/.